We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Having opened a jar of fragrant pear blanks, you can easily recall the smell of summer and cheer up with the sweet, tart taste of the dish. August abounds in berry and fruit harvest, this is the ideal time to preserve fruits for the winter. If properly prepared, up to 85-90% of vitamins, minerals, sugars, organic acids are preserved during heat treatment. Pears are harvested in different ways, fruits are suitable for canning, pickling, soaking, cooking.
Features of harvesting pears for the winter
Pears have poor keeping quality and are not suitable for long-term storage. Cut fruits tend to darken quickly, sprinkling pear slices with lemon juice will help. Fruits have a high sugar content, therefore, in order to avoid cloying, it is necessary to dilute the preparation with citric acid.
Often pear jam is supplemented with spices, herbs, other fruits and berries:
- star anise;
- sea buckthorn;
The main components for long-term storage of the twist are granulated sugar and malic acid. With their lack in fruits, putrefactive processes develop, entailing the spread of bacteria. Butter will help to avoid heavy foam while making jam.
The specifics of the choice of fruits
For jam, it is effective to use the fruits of Limonka and Severyanka. Lemon has a yellow-white pulp, dense structure, sourness, weak aroma, lemon flavor. Severyanka has a crispy, juicy, slightly aromatic, sweet and sour pulp.
Jam, jam, confiture are boiled from ripe, overripe fruits of a garden pear.
For compotes, juice, the use of green, hard fruits is characteristic. You can also make marmalade, marshmallow from unripe. Small mature or overripe specimens are subject to drying; damaged fruits are allowed. The affected part is removed, leaving healthy areas. It is recommended to freeze green fruits. Jam is allowed for children and people with diabetes, the main thing is to use varieties of unsweetened pears.
How to properly prepare the dishes
Containers for canning must be sterile, without signs of damage, cracks or chips, especially at the neck. They are thoroughly washed in soap or soda solution, rinsed 2-3 times. Jars with lids are subject to steam sterilization or in the oven.
What can be done from pears at home
Fruit makes the best dishes like:
- mashed potatoes;
- candied fruits;
When canning, the blank is used as an independent dessert, it is also used as a filling for pies, rolls, cake.
Pear jam without cooking
You can prepare "raw" jam using:
- pears 2 kg;
- sugar 1 kg.
- The fruits are washed, peeled, the seed box is removed, and finely chopped. The bottom of the sterilized jar is covered with pears and sprinkled with granulated sugar.
- The thickness of the top layer of granulated sugar is 10 mm. Banks are subject to steam sterilization or in the oven.
A jar with fruit contents is rolled up with plastic or metal lids.
Pear Jam Sugar Free
For jam you will need:
- 1 kg of the main ingredient;
- 2 tbsp. l. lemon juice;
- 2.5 tbsp. pectin.
How to cook:
- washed, peeled fruits are crushed, kneaded to a puree state, mixed with lemon juice, pectin;
- put the pan on the stove, boil on medium heat, add granulated sugar, stirring occasionally.
Readiness is checked drop by drop on a saucer - if it does not spread, the dish is ready. The thickened mass must be tightly closed, wrapped in a warm blanket.
You can cook a fragrant compote from the following products:
- pears 2 kg;
- water 5 l;
- sugar 0.5 kg;
- citric acid 0.5 tsp;
- vanilla sugar 0.5 tsp
- Fruits are washed, peeled, seed box. Sugar syrup is boiled in a saucepan, mixed with vanilla sugar and citric acid.
- Put pears in a saucepan, cut into 4 parts, boil, reduce heat, boil for 10 minutes.
After cooking, the fruit must be transferred to a sterilized bottle, filled with strained syrup, rolled up.
When frozen, all the usefulness of the fruit is preserved. For storage in the freezer, they are stocked with ripe, dense, medium-sized pears. Their preliminary preparation consists of washing, cleaning, cutting and drying. The fruits are laid out on a flat surface, sent to the freezer for 2-3 hours, then transferred to plastic containers or bags. You can prepare frozen pears for making delicious desserts, aromatic drinks. The maximum shelf life is 7-8 months.
Dried fruits are rich in ascorbic acid, have a diuretic, tonic effect. A high concentration of potassium has a beneficial effect on the pancreas, circulatory system, magnesium increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Washed fruits are cut in halves, seeds and stalk are removed, cut into slices. The baking sheet is lined with pears, put in a heated oven or dried in the open air. The drying process in the oven takes 7 hours at 45-50 aboutC, in vivo, the fruits are dried for 7 days. Dried pears can be used to make compotes, pies, mixed with cereals and other products.
A simple jam recipe
Jam is put in rolls, pies, cakes, cookies. It is necessary to preserve jam from:
- 1 kg of pears;
- 600 g sugar;
- 0.5 l of water.
- The bottom of the pan is lined with washed, peeled, chopped pears. Put the mass on fire, boil until softened, grind to a state of gruel.
- Mashed potatoes are boiled until the volume is reduced by 1.5-2 times. The gruel is mixed with sugar, it must completely dissolve.
Hot jam is poured into a sterilized container, corked. The curl is stored under a blanket for 2-3 days, then transferred to a permanent storage location.
Preservation of whole fruit without sterilization
Whole fruits are used as an independent dessert.
- 2.5 kg of pears;
- 250 g sugar;
- 1 tsp citric acid;
- 4 mint leaves;
- 10 g vanillin.
- Fruits are washed, cleaned, crushed and poured with acidified water to avoid browning.
- Syrup is boiled from the cores, mixed with vanilla and sugar. The fruits are filtered from acidic water, transferred to a container, poured with syrup.
- The billet is mixed with mint, citric acid.
The bottles must be twisted, turned over, wrapped in a warm blanket.
Spins with pear juice are popular with adults and children, they quench their thirst, nourish the body with vitamins and minerals.
- pears 5 kg;
- granulated sugar 1 kg.
The fruits are washed, dried, cut into medium slices. The fruits must be chopped using a meat grinder, juicer or blender. The liquid is filtered through a gauze section, heated, mixed with sugar. After boiling the juice, it is poured into bottles, rolled up.
Pears make delicious, sweet and aromatic gummies that little children love.
- fruit 1 kg;
- lemon 1 pc .;
- sugar 300-400 g.
- The fruits are washed, peeled, cut and poured with cold water. Peel the lemon, wrap it in cheesecloth and boil it with the fruit.
- The mass should soften, after which it is rubbed with a sieve. Gruel is mixed with sugar and lemon juice, boiled.
The thickened marmalade is packed in sterilized containers, rolled up.
Candied fruits are prepared in large pieces. For cooking you will need:
- sugar 1.2 kg;
- 1.5 cups of water;
- 1 kg of pears.
Prepared fruits are poured with boiling syrup, boiled for 15 minutes, insisted for 8-10 hours. The procedure is repeated 2 times, after which the fruits are spread on a flat surface and dried.
Recycling comes from:
- 1 kg of fruit;
- 2 cups granulated sugar;
- 1 bag of vanillin;
- 100 g of water.
Prepared fruits are poured with water, citric acid, boiled for 30 minutes and chopped with a blender. The mass is mixed with sugar, vanilla, boiled until tender. Hot gruel is poured into bottles, rolled up.
Currant, cherry leaves or rye straw are laid out with fruits. The contents of the pan are poured with wort from rye flour (150 g), water (2 l). After cooling, the mixture is filtered, mixed with ground mustard (1 tablespoon) and salt (2 tablespoons), after which the cans are rolled. Soaked fruits are ready to eat in 1-1.5 months.
You can preserve the fruits for salad, vegetable stew, garnish for meat dishes.
- fruit 1 kg;
- sugar 4.5 tbsp. l .;
- acetic acid 4.5 tbsp. l .;
- citric acid 2 g;
- ginger 1 pc .;
- ground cinnamon ½ tsp;
- cloves 4-5 pcs.;
- water 1 l.
How to do:
- prepared fruits are blanched, laid out in bottles;
- marinade with sugar, spices, vinegar is boiled in a saucepan;
- the contents of the cans are poured with brine.
The containers are hermetically sealed, turned over, and transferred to a permanent storage location.