Making apple compote with the addition of cinnamon will not be difficult even for a novice cook. This delicious drink has an unusual spicy taste, perfectly quenches thirst. It contains a large amount of vitamins, useful microelements. To properly prepare containers, products, you should familiarize yourself with the tips below.
Features of making apple compote with cinnamon for the winter
There are no special nuances in the recipe for making apple compote for the winter with cinnamon, the main thing is to properly prepare the container for preservation, choose suitable fruits:
- Apples can be used whole or cut into pieces.
- If the fruit is applied whole, there may be worms inside. To make them disappear, fill the fruits with salt water. The larvae should crawl out within half an hour, they are disposed of.
- Apple compote with cinnamon can be cooked along with other fruits, vary their amount as you like.
- If you use ground spices, an unpleasant sediment on the bottom of the containers is possible. To avoid this, you need to filter the finished compote through cheesecloth or take cinnamon in sticks.
- If the shade of compote seems boring, you can add chokeberry, currant to it. The berries will give a noble color and taste.
After rolling up the containers, you can find that the granulated sugar has not dissolved. This is not a problem, you should put the can on its side, roll it in different directions, and then put it in a warm place.
How to find the ingredients
Apples should be of medium ripeness. The best option is sweet and sour fruits. Large specimens are cut into pieces, small ones are closed whole. For compotes, the Antonovka variety and similar varieties of hard apples with sourness are excellent - White filling, Melba, Mantet, Grushevka. The most beautiful drinks are obtained from red and pinkish fruits - you can add a few pieces of green. Apples of very soft types like Anise or overripe in compote will boil.
It is not necessary to remove the core, it will not affect the taste of the product.
Preparing containers for the start of the process
Banks can be taken of any volume, but usually liter is used. The main thing is that there are no chips or cracks on them. Previously, they are washed with running water with soda. Containers are sterilized in a convenient way, the following method is considered the most popular:
- put a metal sieve on a pan with water, on it - a container upside down;
- water will boil and steam cans, sterilization lasts 15 minutes.
After the jar, put it on a clean surface without turning it over.
How to make apple cinnamon compote
Experienced chefs advise to blanch the apples for 5 minutes before stacking. The procedure will help prevent darkening, loss of volume, the remaining liquid can be used for syrup.
After blanching, the fruits are cooled in cool water. If compote is prepared without sterilization, manipulation is not required.
The standard recipe for making apple and cinnamon compote involves the use of such products:
- fresh apples - 2-3 pieces;
- dried apples - 100 g;
- granulated sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- lemon - ½ piece;
- cinnamon - 2 sticks.
Bring 1.5 liters of water to a boil, put a handful of previously washed slices of dried fruit in a saucepan. Throw in the cinnamon sticks immediately. After 5 minutes add dry and fresh fruit. Bring to a boil again, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour in sugar, you can take any dosage at your discretion. Cut half a lemon into thin slices, put in an almost finished compote, cook for 3 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid, insist, let cool.
To prepare apple compote with cloves, you need the following components:
- 0.5 kg of apples;
- 3 liters of water;
- 10 g cloves;
- granulated sugar.
Prepare fruits, chop, pour cold water, bring to a boil. Add cloves, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Pour in sugar, boil the same amount.
Storage rules for the finished product
Store the product in a cool place out of direct sunlight. The air temperature should be up to +20 degrees.
A drink with seeds is stored for about 8 months, and without them - up to 1 year.